The Tania Matthews Team has heart. We are a team with a combined forty years real estate experience, that will stay true to our clients and advocate for them, regardless of how much time it may take to meet the needs of buyers, sellers, and investors alike. We aren’t simply about the bottom line, but about going above and beyond to form a long-term relationship and be a resource for each individual that may choose to trust us with some of the biggest and most important investments of your lives. We will always strive to exceed your expectations and keep consistent and open lines of communication. This is not just business, it is personal and it is a joy and a privilege for us to work with and for you.
We will always be:
- Readily Available
We’re empowering small businesses and independent professionals that are the economic engines of our communities. We’re dedicated to their success and to building opportunities for more individuals to become independent professionals and successful entrepreneurs.
One step we’re taking to further this commitment is offering a $500 scholarship to individuals enrolling in or continuing to pursue education opportunities that enable them to:
- Develop skills relevant to running a small service business
- Improve and expand their knowledge of entrepreneurship
Whether you’re enrolling in school for the first time, continuing your ongoing education, or stepping back into the classroom for the first time in years, we want to hear your stories.
The scholarship will be awarded to an individual who demonstrates this commitment by chasing their passion to learn a new trade that they can turn into a business, learning fundamental business skills such as marketing and accounting, or deepening their knowledge and capabilities to improve public policy and foster an environment that better serves small business owners and independent professionals.
- You must be at least eighteen (18) years old and a legal resident of one of the 50 states or the District of Columbia.
- You must currently be enrolled in a full-time undergraduate, graduate or vocational program, or be planning to enroll in a full-time undergraduate, graduate or vocational program during the entirety of the 2017-2018 academic program at an accredited career college, technical school or two- or four-year college or university in the United States.
- You must be pursuing a degree that enables your or others in your communities to learn a new trade, develop skills or start a small business.
How to apply
To apply, please submit an application that includes answers to the following questions:
- Small business owners and independent professionals have a personal impact on their customers and communities every day. Share a story with us about how a small business owner or independent professional had an impact on you or someone you know.
- How do you envision using your education to start a small business or enable more individuals to start their own businesses and become independent professionals?
Your essay should be a minimum 500 words.
Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Subject line to be “Scholarship Application” and include the following:
- Your name
- Phone number
- Email address
- Physical address
- College that you’re attending
- Major and minor
- Anticipated graduation date
- The essay as an attachment
When’s the deadline?
Make sure that your application – essay and email – are completed by December 31st, 2017. Any entries received after that date will be ineligible.
Determining the scholarship winner:
- A committee comprised of Tania Matthews Team’s employees will select a recipient based on: commitment to goals (50%); creativity and imagination (25%); and quality of writing (25%).
- The committee’s decision is final and binding.
Notification, Payment and Payment Restrictions:
- One scholarship winner will be selected.
- The winner will be notified using the email address used to apply no later than January 9, 2017.
- The scholarship award will be non-transferable and will be made in the form of a check payable to the eligible institution of higher education attended by the recipient.
- To receive the award, the winner must provide proof of current enrollment at an eligible institution.
- No cash equivalent awards will be given and the Scholarship may not be transferred or exchanged for cash.
- The Scholarship is a one-time award only.
- If a winner fails to respond to Tania Matthews Team’s attempts to notify them within 10 business days, an alternate winner will be selected.
- A winner will be disqualified for any of the following reasons: failure within fifteen business days of being notification to provide proof of identity, any required affidavit, or any requested tax forms (including IRS W-9 form); or violations, as determined in Tania Matthews Team’s sole discretion, of the submission or eligibility rules. In such cases, an alternate winner will be selected.
- The scholarship winner may be required to sign and return an affidavit of eligibility and a publicity release where permitted by law, as well as provide information necessary for compliance with any applicable tax laws. Failure to comply may be grounds for disqualification.